Our greatest strength is our integrated approach. In our research we bring to bear the best of both conventional and innovative drug discovery techniques.
- We pioneer fragment- and structure-based methods in the context of a full drug discovery capability with six development candidates since 2009
- The majority of our scientific team has worked together for more than a decade - allowing us to build a strong, interdisciplinary team with extensive experience of developing and applying SBDD and FBDD methods
- We pragmatically adapt and apply the most effective methods
- Extensive use of biophysical methods to validate fragment binding
- Developed new NMR and SPR methods for fragment evolution
- We have extensive experience in tackling challenging targets
- Success with difficult targets e.g. protein-protein interactions
- Rapid assessment of the potential of targets for drug discovery
Continuing research collaborations with major pharmaceutical companies endorse our strengths. Vernalis scientists are influential world figures in fragment-based discovery, speaking regularly at major conferences and with many widely cited publications.